Quote for Today

Saturday, September 29, 2007

3 Things About Me

1. I am a passionate photographer and love to shoot people in candid (and always with love) group situations. Then I combine the shots into a slide show with the 'right' music and wonder if others can see what I see. One of my Goals is to get my personal website back up and going again so I can share my slide shows and film clips. I use digital now, and don't think I can ever go back to film. Another Goal is to pass along my A-1's to the Art Institute in the City. I am not using them, and the foam inside the mirror housing will start to go soon. Best the camera's get used.


2. Clairfontaine spiral bound notebooks, (16.5 x 21 cm, with the Forest motif covers to be exact) are what I use for keeping track of hours and jobs. I always have one or two with me, along with clear plastic mechanical pencils with an .5 lead in pretty colors. I wrote the original 15 Things About Me list with this combo, wondering how I would like it compared to keyboarding which is my usual way of writing. And it turns out longhand still works for me when I am free-range thinking. Writing out the ideas by hand was faster because even though I might erase a word or two, there was no urge to go back and rewrite before the sentence was done, thereby losing the thread. Keyboarding offers the features I need for moving ideas around and padding out the concepts. The pencil gets it down, the keyboard gives it shape.


3. I converted to macs about the same time I started selling on eBay/using the Internet. Occasionally I will have to use a Windows machine on a job. I just dread it each and every time. While both systems navigate in a similar way, I can pretty much count on the Windows OS letting me down at some crucial point. Things don't crash with Windows like they used to, but they never really all work either. I remember meeting a woman who had just sold her mac so she could buy a Windows machine in order to sell on eBay. Poor thing. eBay is mean streets for Windows users. On a brighter note, I appreciate mac visuals. Apple's products are just so much more fun to look at and to work with ;D

1 comment:

Sally said...

Hi there

Thanks for your kind comment about my blog. I love your photos and will pop you in to my favourites. Your message came at a good time yesterday when I was feeling upset so it pulled my socks up and inspired me to get on with things. So thanks for that.